Identify the triggers of Migraine headaches:
- Processed food, packaged food, and food with preservatives.
- Dairy products, red wine, baked food, nuts, or chocolates.
- Certain odours, perfumes, car or room fresheners, or smoke.
- Loud music, noise, sound, and bright lights.
What to do when you get a migraine?
Migraine comes with its own flair that does not let you think what to do. The first thing is to keep calm and give rest to your brain. Do not indulge in any stressful activity as it can aggravate the symptoms. Any negative thought or tension is not good.
- Sit in a cool, dark, and quiet room where you get peace.
- If your headaches are accompanied with vomiting, then keep sipping water to keep yourself hydrated.
- Put cool cloth or a band on your head to lessen the pain.
- Take pain killers as suggested by the doctor for headache relief.
- Take enough sleep, deprivation of which may lead to rebound headaches.