Thursday, 18 February 2016
We need medical services when we are not well. We book appointment online for doctors only when we have to get our illness or ailment treated and cured. In such a situation, we take care of our health. But, is that the only thing we can do to keep ourselves healthy? Does meeting doctors and visiting hospitals during illness the only way to show our awareness towards healthcare? No! When we talk about healthcare, it includes a whole lot of things that we generally ignore. Healthcare encompasses a number of areas that need our attention for a healthy and happy living.
What does healthcare actually mean?
Anything we do to improve our health during illness or healthy days comes under healthcare. It is not only getting rid of some diseases or ailments. It is keeping ourselves healthy, so that our body is not invaded by any kind of disease, infection, trauma, or internal or external sickness. Caring for our body, mind, and soul through healthy habits and, if needed, medical measures, is healthcare in true sense.
A number of things can be done for a complete healthcare:
1. Morning exercise, physical activity, yoga, and meditation: To keep ourselves always on the go, we need to be fit, physically and mentally. We need to have better endurance, stamina, and physical and mental strength. Timely yoga, meditation, and exercise can boost our mind and body and lead to an organic healthcare.
2. Regular health check-ups: There are certain health conditions that develop gradually without much of trouble you can track. Regular health checkups will track for any development of diseases like diabetes, tumor in breasts or cervix, increasing cholesterol, polyps development, or any harmful growth inside the body. Visiting a clinic or hospital at regular intervals will keep a number of diseases at bay. With online appointment bookings for regular health checkup, you can even save your money.
3. Immediate medical help for unusual symptoms: Sometimes, even after taking enough care of your body, you may develop a serious health condition. Do not ignore the symptoms and consult a doctor immediately to resolve the issue and avoid any big upcoming health issue. Find doctors online and book appointments as per your choice and convenience.
4. Precautions against prevailing disease or epidemic: If you are aware of any prevailing illness in your area, you can take the precautions for factors that lead to its spread. Be particular about using clean water, maintaining hygiene in the house, bathroom, and bed. Use masks to prevent areal transmission of the disease, etc. If there is any vaccination available, go for it or consult your doctor to get better suggestions.
5. Healthy eating habits: A strong body system can resist a number of diseases. So eat healthy foods and avoid junk food to maintain the good health of your body system. If you are allergic to something, control your temptation and avoid it. Eat on time and have enough clean water.
Take all round care of your health for a better healthy living!
Wednesday, 17 February 2016
Rene Laennec, a French Physician gave medical science a discovery that is unmatched and will remain in the medical history forever. A child born on 17th February 1781, who suffered from childhood asthma and pyrexia, never knew that he himself will discover a device that will be used to examine chest and detect pulmonary ailments. He discovered the “stethoscope” a much have companion of all doctors since then. This device was earlier known as “chest examiner” which was capable of differentiating among different heart sounds to diagnose a healthy or unhealthy condition. Like many other big discoveries, this invention was also criticized in the beginning as no one knew what a gigantic impact it will have on the medical science.
Though, we all know Rene Laennec with the invention of stethoscope, his contribution to medical science spans to many other fields as well. He was the one who coined the name “cirrhosis” for a serious liver disease. Since then it is known as Laennec cirrhosis. He also brought in light a skin cancer known as “melanoma” in 1804 and the world got aware of this type of cancer. He did significant studies on tuberculosis and his own device stethoscope helped him a lot in understanding the diseased condition of tuberculosis patients. He was able find our diseases like pneumonia, pleurisy, bronchiectasis and more with his device. In this way, he was leading the then medical research scenario with his ability to detect and diagnose diseases.