Thursday, 21 April 2016
As a parent, we try to give the best things to our children, be it their necessities, education, or tradition. When it comes to health, then also we try to keep our children aloof from any disease or even threat of a disease. This is where immunization of infants plays its role by protecting the children from diseases and threat to many other diseases as they grow up. It should be realized by all, that prevention of a child from diseases starts right inside the womb and continues after birth through a number of vaccines following one after another.
The importance of immunization is well acknowledged and celebrated in the “National Infant Immunization Week” observed every year in the month of April. This one week is dedicated to spread the awareness about importance of infant immunization and to celebrate the success of immunization programs till date. The immunization campaigns run so far have been able to prevent children and community from a number of preventable diseases.
Benefits of Infant Immunization
Immunizing children against diseases through vaccination is beneficial for them as well as the community. Let see why vaccination is a must for every child.
1. Protects your child: There are many diseases that can take the life of an infant, toddler, or a young kid. Diphtheria, polio, measles, hepatitis, whooping cough, rubella, small pox etc a few of them that can be life threatening. Vaccination makes sure your child is safe from all such preventable yet life threatening diseases.
2. Saves the future of child: Some diseases may not be life threatening but may disable a person. So, vaccination that is done during infancy protects your child from getting physically or mentally disabled in future.
3. Saves money on future treatment: Immunization rules out the chances of a number of complicated diseases in future which saves your time and money to be spent on the treatment. An immunized child is a future healthy person, except for the unforeseen medical conditions.
4. Protects next generation: There are a number of diseases which have been eliminated and kids need not take any vaccination for them. So, immunization of children in present ensures a protected safe generation in future.
5. Saves the community: A diseased or sick child is a threat to the community as they can transfer the disease to others. When all the children remain protected from the preventable diseases, there is no scope of spread and infection of the same. It leads to the creation of a healthy community as a whole.Immunization is our moral responsibility towards the health of our children and entire community. A little step from everyone contributes to a large scale gain in healthcare. So we should all be aware and alert to get our kids timely immunized.
Tuesday, 19 April 2016
Summer is a time to chill out, go for a trip, or get engaged in activities. In such a sportive mood with your bags ready for an outing, the onset of throat pain, runny rose, nausea, and shivering can really make you upset. So, all these are the symptoms of summer cold which is not expected at this time of the season with a popular perception of cold as being a staple for winters only.
For your information, summer cold stays dormant at the background and is sticky. It may continue for one or two weeks which is enough a time to spoil your summer planning. Still, with a little precaution you can either avoid being invaded by this disease completely or at least can fight with it for a comfortable time till your recovery.
Summer cold is often associated with shivering along with other symptoms like nausea, headache, fever, running nose, sore throat, blurred vision, and fever. It is a normal condition of cold.
Shivering should be mild and should not continue for long. Along with other symptoms of summer cold, it should be relieved with the usual treatment or home remedies. But if, the shivering continues with high fever, you immediately need to consult a doctor for proper treatment.
Here are a few online health tips to face and fight summer cold
Stay away from sick people: Exposure to sick people sneezing and coughing around you can get you infected or prolong the duration of your sickness. Also, use hand kerchief and separate things of personal hygiene to protect others from the spread of this viral infection.
Maintain Hygiene: Keep washing your hands frequently and take shower with warm water. Flushing our mucus will give your relief from running noise, headache, and sore throat.
Avoid being in re-circulated air: Being in a closed room with re-circulated air will aggravate the symptoms. Keep the windows open and take a stroll outside in the evening. Dryness of your nose will make the problem worse, so high speed fans should be avoided.
Take warm salt water or green tea with honey: Sore throat can be lessened with frequent intake of green tea with honey. This will soothe the internal lining of trachea and you will feel better. A gurgling with salty warm water will let you sleep peacefully.
Be hydrated. Take enough fluids: Dehydration during summer cold will lead to other severe problems. So keep drinking water or juices as per your choice. Keep your body hydrated to feel energetic and fresh.
Increase intake of vitamin C: Vitamin C improves your immunity. During cold, if taken, it can fight your illness leading to your quick recovery. So, take orange juice, grapefruit juice, or other fruits and add to your immunity. It will also act as a protective shield if you are again exposed to the virus.
With all the above health and wellness tips, home remedies for summer cold, you would definitely recover fast to get started with your plans of vacation.
Enjoy and have a healthy fun-filled summer!